ето некои по важни програми ,които не варвят на Vista
There are 3 major categories (Works, Somewhat works, & Heavy problem\doesnt work). POST in the right sections and ALPHABETICALLY please...
AntiSpam & AntiSpyware
• CA eTrust PestPatrol Antispyware v188.8.131.52 (32-bit)
• EMSI Software a-squared Free v2.1
• FireTrust MailWasher Pro Ver. 5.3 (32-bit)
• Javacool Software SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 (32-bit/64-bit)
• Lavasoft Ad-aware SE Personal v1.06 (32-bit/64-bit)
• Pyrenean eDexter v1.42 (32-bit/64-bit)
• Spybot Search & Destroy v1.4 (32-bit)
• Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 (32-bit/64-bit) - NOTE: Get the latest version, more info here
• Webroot Spy Sweeper v5.3 (32-bit)
• PC Tools Spyware Doctor ver 184.108.40.20621
• ALWIL Software avast! v4.7 Home Edition (32/64-bit) (28 language versions)
• ALWIL Software avast! v4.7 Professional Edition (32/64-bit) (28 language versions)
• ALWIL Software avast! Virus Cleaner Tool - version 1.0.209 (32-bit) (Czech)
• ClamWin portable v0.88.5
• ESET NOD32 v2.70.31 or newer (32/64-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• Etrust Etrust EZ CA Antivirus v220.127.116.11 (32-bit)
• Grisoft AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition v7.5.441 (32-bit)
• Grisoft AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition v7.5.441 (64-bit)
• Kaspersky AntiVirus 18.104.22.1684 (32/64-bit) (64 bits runs as 32 bits)
• Kaspersky Internet Security 22.214.171.1244 (32/64-bit) (64 bits run as 32 bits)
• McAfee McAfee VirusScan 11.2 build 7.2.144 only works with 32-bit,they are working on 64-bit patch
• McAfee McAfee Security Center 11.2 build 7.2.144 only works with 32-bit,they are working on 64-bit patch
• McAfee AntiVirus 8.5i (32-bit)
• McAfee McAfee Site Advisor for IE or Firefox (32-bit)
• McAfee Stinger v2.60 (32-bit)
• Microsoft Windows Live OneCare 1.5 Beta (32-bit - NOTE: Have to open some ports to get Windows Mobile Device Center to work
• Norman Virus Control
• Panda Antivirus 2007 (32-bit)
• Softwin Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 10 Build 247 (32-bit)
• Symantec Norton Antivirus 2006/2007 - NOTE: Download the latest version, more info here
• Symantec Norton Internet Security 2006/2007 - NOTE: Download the latest version, more info here
• Symantec Norton 360 Beta
• Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v10.2.224 - NOTE: Disabling Microsoft Windows Defender may help solve sluggish performance.
• Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v10.2.276
• Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 v14.57 (32/64-bit)
• Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 - NOTE: Get the latest version, more info here
• Adobe Audition 1.5 (32 bit) Works perfectly. No compatibility issues.
• Apollo v3.7zy
• Apple Quicktime v7.1.3 (32/64-bit) - installs as 32-bit app under 64-bit Vista
• Apple iTunes 7.0.2 - See link for information on Compatibility Issues
• Apple iTunes Library Updater 1.22
• AtomixMP3 DJ: Virtual DJ v2.0 and AtomixMP3 v2.3
• Audacity v1.3.2-beta (32-bit)
• Audioactive Production Studio 1.05
• CoolEdit Pro 2.0
• Creative Tools: Creative AudioHQ, Creative Recorder, Creative Mixer etc...
• Cakewalk Dimension Pro DXi and VSTi sampler synthesizer works great with updates and expansion packs too
• Cakewalk Sonar 6 Updated 6.0.1 works great with VST and VSTi also
• Foobar2000 v0.8.3, v0.9.4.1 and v0.9.4.2 (During the installation, make sure Enable per-user settings is on)
• dbPowerAmp Audio the website says that all their products are Vista compatible, doesn't specify 32 or 64 bit
• Free Easy HI-Q Recorder 2.0
• Fruity Loops 6.0.8 (32bit) - works great, performance slightly sub-par
• FXsound DFX Audio Enhancement v8.0 for Windows Media Player & Winamp
• GoldWave v5.17 (32-bit)
• Guitar Pro 5: (32-bit) Works fine!
• Jetaudio v6
• Magix Music Maker 5 a bit older version, but still, not the oldest (32bit) - Working Fine!
• Media Monkey latest Version (note old versions have not been tested)
• musikCube v1.0 RC2 beta (32-bit)
• mp3tag v.2.37a (newly added Vista Support, v.2.36a and below simply crash)
• Native Instruments Absynth 3 and 4 works great too
• Native Instruments Battery 3
• Native Instruments Kontakt 2
• Orb MyCasting
• Propellerheads Reason 3.0.4 works great
• Rhapsody v4.0.850
• Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6.0
• Sony Acid Pro 6.0d
• Sony Sound Forge 8.0d
• Spectrasonics Atmosphere and Trilogy VSTi works great without any problem
• Steinberg V-Stack works good - some problems with ASIO
• Wavepad works with no compatibility issues.
• Winamp v2x and v5x (32bit) - DRM Problems, 5.32 Pro
• WinAmp 5.3 (32bit)
• Acronis True Image Home v10.0.4871 - May require Vista startup repair from Vista DVD after recovery.
• Acronis True Image WorkStation 9.1.3886 - May require Vista startup repair from Vista DVD after recovery.
• Allway Sync v5.5.8 Works fine on Vista Home Premium 32-bit
• Cobian Backup 126.96.36.199
• Genie Backup Manager v7
• MozBackup 1.4.2
• NovaStor NovaBackup Maintenance Release v188.8.131.52
• Paragon Drive Backup Personal v8.5
• Vision Backup Home, Pro, Server & Server w/MS SQL & Exchange
• Avant Browser 11 Build 25
• Browzar 184.108.40.206 (32-bit) (Do NOT use this! It´s a fraud, a SCAM!)
• Deepnet Explorer 1.53 beta (32-bit)
• Flock 0.78 (32-bit)
• Maxthon 1.5.9 build 30 and 2.0
• Mozilla Firefox 220.127.116.11 (32/64-bit)
• Off By One 3.5.d (32-bit)
• Opera 9.xx (32-bit)
• Portable FireFox 1.5 (32-bit)
• Torpark 18.104.22.168a (32/64 Bit)
• Alcohol-Soft Alcohol 120% 22.214.171.12419
• Alcohol-Soft Alcohol 120% 126.96.36.19921
• Ashampoo Burning Studio 6
• Burn4Free CD and DVD v2.6 - NOTE: upgrade to the latest version to solve compatibility.
• CyberLink PowerDVD Copy (may have problem during installation but if you keep trying it will run fine).
• DVD43 v 188.8.131.52 and up - (32 Bit)
• DVD Decrypter 184.108.40.206
• DeepBurner 1.8 - (32 Bit)
• DVDLAB Pro 2.2
• DVDFab Platinum 220.127.116.11 beta
• DVD Decrypter 18.104.22.168
• DVD Rebuilder Pro 1.20.5
• DVD Shrink 22.214.171.124
• ImgBurn 126.96.36.199 (32/64bit)
• ImgTool Classic 0.91.7
• IsoBuster 1.9.1. Tested on Vista Business 32-bit.
• LG Software 1Click DVD Copy 5 - works completely with no issues
• MagicDisk 2.5 Build 074
• MagicISO 5.3.221 - 32/64 Bit
• Nero Premium Reloaded v188.8.131.52 - NOTE: Thumbnails (avi&mpeg) engine now fixed that was previously broken in v184.108.40.206. It attempts to install directX 9, claiming that is more updated than the version running on the OS. Vista ships with DirectX 10. Will not install if you choose not to install the directX component. The product may work if the DirectX component is installed but can affect other parts of the system.
• ONES (Prassi) - Current update 2.1.358 - NOTE: the current update triggers AppCompat - to avoid this, install in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 2.
• PowerISO 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
• PowerISO 3.6 (32/63-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• PrimoDVD 2.1 for Disc Publisher (Bravo II CD/DVD Duplicator & Printer)
• RipIt4Me RipIt4Me 220.127.116.11
• Roxio (Sonic) Easy Media Creator 9 - (32-bit)
• Roxio (Sonic) Easy Media Creator 8 - (32-bit)
• Roxio Easy Media Creator 7
• SilentNight Microburner v18.104.22.168 (32-bit)
• Slysoft AnyDVD 22.214.171.124 - (32-bit) technical support at Slysoft says all products will work on 32/64 bit
• Slysoft CloneCD 5.2.91 - (32/64-bit)
• Slysoft CloneDVD2 2.9.01 - (32-bit)
• Slysoft CloneDVD 126.96.36.199 - (32-bit)
• Sony DVD Architect 4.0a
• Super Clone Dvd 5
• Ultimate CD/DVD Burner 2.0 - (32-bit)
• UltraISO 188.8.131.520 (32-bit)
• VOBEdit 0.6
• Vso-Software ConvertXtoDVD 184.108.40.206- 32/64 Bit
• Vso-Software CopytoDVD 4.0.3
Codecs & Converters
• Advanced Vista Codec Package 4.2.0
• Combined Community Codec Pack
• DivX 6.5 ( Note: DivX Converter requires an update - pending release )
• Electronic Cosmo's MPEG Suite 1.5 (32bit)
• ffdshow (use Celtic Druid's (x64)
• FLV to AVI Converter Ver_3.1 (32-bit)
• K-Lite Codec Pack v2.8 / K-Lite Mega Codec Pack v1.61
• Quick Time Alternative [latest version]
• Real Alternative [latest version]
• XVid 1.1.2
• X Codec Pack. v2.1.2 or newer
• 7-Zip (32/64-bit)
• Advanced RAR Password Recovery 1.53
• Flash Optimizer- compress SWF Ver_1.48 (32-bit)
• IZArc 3.6
• PowerArchiver 2006 Version 9.64
• TUGZip 3.4+
• Ultimatezip 2007 (ver 3.1) 32-bit
• WinAce 2.5, 2.65
• WinRAR 3.70 (BETA) - Works perfectly.
• WinRAR 3.4 (installs/runs fine as user, just asks for permission), 3.51, 3.60 and 3.62 (32-bit) (must be run as Administrator)
• WinZip Pro 10.0 (build 7245) and 11.0 (build 7313) (32/64-bit)
Corporate Records Management
• Metrosharp IMS Express 2007 (AKA Identity Management System for USC 2257) (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp IMS Professional 2007 (AKA Identity Management System for USC 2257) (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp IMS Small Business 2007 (AKA Identity Management System for USC 2257) (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp IMS Enterprise 2007 (AKA Identity Management System for USC 2257) (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp Migrate for IMS 2007 (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp OpenIMF (AKA Open Identity Management Framework for USC 2257) (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp Retroact for IMS 2007 (32/64 bit)
• Metrosharp SteelSafe 2007 (32/64 bit)
• allSnap (32-bit)
• Samurize v1.64.2 (to install, set compatibility to Windows XP SP2)
• Microsoft Access 2000 (32-bit)
• Microsoft Access 2002 (32-bit)
• Microsoft Access 2003 (32-bit)
• Microsoft Access 2007
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 x64 & x86 (needs SQL Server 2005 SP2 installed to run best in Vista). Note: SP2 is available at ,
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 express edition - works perfectly if SP1 is installed. SP2 is also available at 
• MySQL Administrator
• MySQL Query Browser
• MySQL Community Server 5.0.27
• Oracle 10g Express Edition
• Quest Toad for MySQL
• Quest Toad for Oracle
• Ashampoo® Magical Defrag
• Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4 works great
• Auslogics Disk Defrag 1.1.0
• Diskeeper® Corporation Diskeeper® 2007 (v11.0.697.0 and later) (32/64-bit) - more info here
• Golden Bow Systems VOpt 8.08 (32-bit)
• O&O Defrag V8.6 Pro (32/64-Bit)
• Raxco PerfectDisk v8.0 build 48 (32/64-bit) and newer
• Bloodshed C++ Compiler - Crashes if cache is created. Works fine otherwise (32-bit)
• Crimson Editor 3.70 Release
• ConTEXT v0.98.5 (32-bit)
• Eclipse 3.2.1
• JCreator Pro
• JDK v1.5
• JDK v1.6
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition (32-bit) (use the SP1 Beta for Vista service pack for optimal Vista compatibility)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (32-bit) (use the SP1 Beta for Vista service pack for optimal Vista compatibility)
• Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005 (32 Bit) (Compatibility warnings, but works)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions: Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (32 Bit) (Compatibility warnings, but works)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Professional Edition (32 Bit) (SP6) (Compatibility warnings, but works)
• Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition (32 Bit) (SP6) (Compatibility warnings, works poorly)
• Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0
• Microsoft Visual Basic 1.0 (16-bit abandonware, but runs on RTM 32bit version)
• Netbeans IDE v5.5
• Notepad++ v3.9
• Programmers Notepad 2 (32-bit)
• SharpDevelop 2.1 RC 1
• Sun Java Runtime 6.0
• Tinn-R 220.127.116.11 (32-bit)
• UltraEdit v10.10a and higher (32-bit)
• Vim v7.0 (32-bit)
• vlite v0.5 beta
• WinHex v12.0 SR-1
• WinMerge v18.104.22.168 (32-bit)
• Bearshare 5.2.5 (32-bit)
• Bit Comic 0.84
• BitTorrent 5.0.5 (32-bit)
• Download Accelerator Plus 5.3(DAP)
• Download Accelerator Plus 8(DAP)
• Download Master
• FlashGet 1.73 Build 128 (32/64-bit) and 1.8 Final (32-bit)
• Free Download Manager
• GetRight 6.1
• HiDownload 6.95
• Internet Download Accelerator
• Internet Download Manager 5.06 beta
• Leechget 2006
• Microsoft File Transfer Manager
• RapGet 1.26
• ReGet Deluxe 2.6
• Thunder5 22.214.171.1244 (Chinese Simplified/Traditional)
• Xi Software Net Transport 2.28
• Chaos Software Group
• IBM Lotus Notes 6.55
• Microsoft Outlook 2007
• Microsoft Outlook 2003 (32-bit)
• Microsoft Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta (Build 8.0.1172)
• Mozilla Thunderbird v1.5.x Works well on my Vista Enterprise 64bit.
• Mozilla Thunderbird v2b1 (32-bit)
• PocoMail v4.1 Works fine on Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
• PoP Peeper
• Portable Thunderbird v1.0.7 (32-bit)
• Qualcomm Eudora v126.96.36.199 (32-bit)
• TheBat 3.71
• Daemon Tools 4.00 (32-Bit)
• Daemon Tools 4.08HE (32-bit/64-bit)
• Jnes 0.5.3 works great
• MAME32 (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)
• Project 64 1.6 and 1.7 beta work perfectly
• ScummVM 0.5.1
• UltraISO 188.8.131.526
• Ashampoo® Magical Security
• Ashampoo® WinOptimizer 4 (v4.10, 02/05/2007)
• BestCrypt 7
• Cryptext (version unknown, but from 2001)
• File Securer Version: 3.95
• PGP Desktop v9.6 BETA
• Tropical Software Stealth File Encryptor 6.0
• TrueCrypt 4.2a (32-bit) (on x64 Vista: press F8 during boot and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement - ATM you have to do this everytime you boot!)
• Business Plan Pro 2007
• Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006
• PocketQuicken 2.5.1
• Quicken 2007 R2 (32-bit)
• Quicken 2006 R5 (32-bit)
• Quicken 2005 R6 (32-bit) (Install hiccupped but program is fine)
• Quicken 2000 (32-bit) (Run as administrator)
• Starmoney 5.0 (32-bit)
• TaxCut 2006 (32-bit)
• TurboTax 2006 (32-bit)
Firewalls / IDS's
• JeticoPersonal Firewall v.2 beta jpf2beta NOTE: This will NOT uninstall properly, and may cause probles. If you have to uninstall, do so in safemode, then scan registry for Jetico and delete all corresponding keys.
• Kaspersky Internet Security 184.108.40.2064 (32/64-bit) (64 bits runs as 32 bits)
• Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.3 BETA build 2397 (64-bit) NOTE: Driver won't install on a 32-bit.
• McAfee McAfee Personal Firewall 11.2 build 11.2.121
• Microsoft Windows Live OneCare 1.5 NOTE: MS are currently (02/22/07) offering a 90-day trial for free. OK as an interim until some that actually work show up. (Commodo say March.)
• Symantec Norton 360 beta
• Symantec Norton Internet Security 2006/2007 - NOTE: Download the latest version, more info here
• Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 - NOTE: Get the latest version, more info here
• Cerberus (32-bit)
• Filezilla (32-bit)
• FTP Navigator 7.5 Small and simple ftp client (32-bit)
• GMail Drive Shell Extension 1.0
• GlobalSCAPE CuteFTP 4.2
• GlobalSCAPE CuteFTP 8, 8.0.4 Pro (Error on exit, but works fine)
• iniCom.Networks FlashFXP
• PSFtp FTP Client for Windows (Shareware - 32bit/64 bit)
• Rhino Software FTP Voyager 7.0
• SmartFTP 2.0 SmartFTP build 2.0.1002 (Freeware - 32bit/64 bit)
• UtraFXP Nice, simple ftp client (tested on 32bit only!)
• Visicom Media FTP Expert 3.70.3 (French) (32-bit)
(Most of the Cheats for these Games dont work!)
• 1602 A.D. (32-Bit)
• Agatha Christie : And then there were none (32 bit)
• Agatha Christie : Murder on the orient express (32 bit)
• Aliens versus Predator 2
• Americas Army 2.7 (32-bit)
• Anno 1701
• Age of Empires and the Rise of Rome expansion
• Age of Empires II and the Conquerors expansion
• Age of Empires III and The WarChiefs expansion
• Alice (American McGee's)
• Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition
• Ankh II : hearth of Osiris (32-bit)
• Armies of Exigo
• Atlantis III (32-bit)
• Atlantis IV Evolution (32-bit)
• Aura : Fate of the ages (32-bit)
• Armed and Dangerous
• Arx Fatalis
• Blade Runner (32-bit)
• Baldur's Gate (32bit) (Polish version, English should work well too)
• Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast (32bit) (Polish version, English should work well too)
• Battle for Middle-Earth 1 & 2
• Battlefield 2 & Special Forces (Run BF2.exe As Administrator.)
• Battlefield 2142(32bit)
• Battlefield 2142(64bit) - Same settings used on XP, crashes to desktop at every map change (after a certain period) due to low video card memory (256mb). Disable Areo or set texture settings lower.
• Black and White 2
• Blood II The Chosen (It rarely crashes, but this was happening under XP too.)
• Broken Sword: The Angel of Death
• Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
• Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
• Call of Duty & United Offensive
• Call of Duty 2 (run cod2mp_s.exe in XP SP2 compability mode; SP fine.)
• Call of Duty 2 upgraded to 1.3 works on Home Premium RTM no trouble (32 bit)
• Championship Manager 2007
• Civilization III (run as administrator, XP SP2 compatibility mode)
• Cobra 11 - Nitro (StarForce protection vista-update required)
• Command & Conquer: Generals
• Commandos: Beyond The Call Of Duty
• Company of Heroes (32bit Home Premium) no problems generally.
(NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg level. Needs GPU driver update. 'Open issue' with 20/02/07 100.65 forceware drivers)
• Condemned - Criminal Origins
• Counter-Strike 1.6
• Counter-Strike Condition Zero
• Counter-Strike Source
• Crashday (With patch 1.1 + No Intro Fix)
• Cricket 07 (Australian version - works on both x86 & x64)
• Deal or No Deal
• Delta Force Black Hawk Down & Team Sabre
• Deus Ex
• Diablo I
• Diablo II - NOTE: For best results, set Compatibility Mode for application to Windows XP SP2 in the shortcut's properties and run as Administrator. This should allow all features of game to work properly, including LAN and Battle.Net play. If the game takes too long to start up, try disabling Aero Glass (or under compatability disable desktop composition).
• Doom 2(Doom95) (Requires DPlay.dll in the game's directory for doom95 to work properly)
• Doom 3 (Requires working OpenGL support)
• Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Requires working OpenGL support)
• Doomsday 3D Engine v1.9.0 Beta 4
• Dreamfall : the longest journey (32-bit) : run after installation of Starforce Drivers. Install them form this page
• Driver (32bit)
• Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition with all Add-Ons (for Windows Edition; not original 16-bit MS-DOS) (This game works slowly with too low performance if you don't install the driver of your graphic card manually although Vista automatically recognizes and installs the drivers of your graphic card and DirectX.)
• Duke Nukem 3D High Resolution Pack (HRP) (also External Release (XTR)) v1.0
• Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
• Dungeon Keeper
• Dungeon Keeper 2 (32-Bit)
• EA Link for EA Games
• Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: Runs great on Vista with 1.1 patch
• Eve Online Fully working (32-bit)
• Evany : Crystal keys II (32-bit)
• Everquest II
• Far Cry (64-bit and 32-bit with v1.4 patch)
• Evidence - the last ritual
• F.E.A.R (32-Bit).Runs fine in XP SP2 Compatibility
• F1 2006 (Win 98/Me Compatibility Mode)
• FlatOut 2 (32 bit Home Premium)
• Flight Simulator 2004
• Flight Simulator X
• FBI: Hostage Rescue
• FIFA 07
• FIFA Manager 2007
• Football Manager 2007
• Flatout 2 (European with Starforce update)
• Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
• Gothic 3 (Windows Vista wont allow 2 files to install in system folder(64 bit))
• Grand Prix 4
• Grand Theft Auto II
• Grand Theft Auto III
• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
• Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
• Guild Wars: All 3 versions ( Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall )
• GunBound WC
• Half Life
• Half Life 2 & Half Life 2: Episode One
• Halo: Combat Evolved(need a patch windows tel you about it)
• Halo: Custom Edition(needs a update tho download http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1884)
• Hitman: Blood Money
• Hitman: Contracts
• Hoyle Card games 2007 works great.
• Hoyle Board games 2007 works great.
• Hoyle Puzzle games 2007 works great.
• Hugo: The Evil Mirror
• In The Groove + Impact dancepad
• Jazz Jack Rabbit 2
• Little Fighter 2 (32 bit)
• KISS: Psycho Circus The Nightmare Child
• Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Legend
• Lego Star Wars II (64-bit)
• Lineage II: Chronicle 5 (32-bit) works well!
• LOCOMOTION by Chris Sawyer (64-bit)
• Max Payne 1.01
• Max Payne 2
• Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault Installed MOHAA Ver1.1 on 32-bit Ultimate, plays fine with no problems at all, multiplayer untested as yet.
• Klotski (and Microsoft Entertainment Pack 1991)
• Magic Ball 3
• Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (x86 and x64)
• Myst III : Exile (32-bit)
• Myst IV : Revelation (32-bit)
• Myst V : End of Ages (32-bit)
• MU Online (Ultra low FPS)
• Need for Speed (32-bit)
• Need for Speed III: Hot pursuit
• Need for Speed Most Wanted
• Neverwinter Nights 2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
• NHL 06
• NHL 07
• Outrun 2006
• Paradise (from Benoit Sokal) (32-bit)
• Pariah (With 98/ME Compatibility mode)
• Pacific Warriors
• Phantasy Star Universe
• Prey (Requires working OpenGL support)
• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
• Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Starts Windows MCE upon exit?)
• Pro Evolution Soccer 6
• Quake 2
• Quake 3 Arena
• Quake 4 (v1.3) Works. Tested on Vista Enterprise 64-bit and Vista Ultimate 32-bit
• Race - The WTCC Game
• Ragnarok Online
• Rainbow Six: Lockdown
• Return to mysterous Island
• Rise of Nations Gold (32 bit)
• RollerCoaster Tycoon [With the Loopy Landscape Add-On] (Vista 32-bit)
- Add the "Windows 95" compatibility mode for the file "rct.exe"
- Add the "Full control" right to "Everyone" for the folder of RCT and its subfolders.
• RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 [Original and all Add-Ons] (Vista 32-bit)
- Add the "Full control" right to "Everyone" for the folder of RCT2 and its subfolders.
• RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 [Original and all Add-Ons] (Vista 32-bit)
• Rome: Total War
• Savage (32-bit)
• Schizm : mysterious journey (CD) (32-bit)
• Scratches (32-bit) : some graphics bugs but the game runs - Update of Starforce drivers NOT needed
• Second Sight
• SimCity 3000 Unlimited (32-bit)
• Splinter Cell
• Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
• Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
• Splinter Cell: Double Agent
• Star Wars Galaxies
• Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns
• Star Wars Jedi Academy (32bit)
• Star Wars Jedi Outcast (32bit)
• Star Wars Battlefront 2 (32bit)
• Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 (32 bit).Runs fine in XP SP2 Compatibility
• Steam (Build: Jan 15 2007, 10:37:59)
• Super Collapse! Puzzle Gallery 220.127.116.11
• Super Mario Forever (After starting the game, the mouse cursor of Vista still appears on the screen. Ignore it.)
• SWAT 4 & The Stetchkov Syndicate (32-bit)
• The Black Mirror (2nd edition, 2CD without Starforce) (32-bit)
• The Elderscrolls Oblivion (32-bit)
• The Sims 2 (32-bit/64-bit)(All expansions pack works!)
• The Movies (32-bit)
• The Simpsons - Hit & Run (32-bit)
• Titan Quest
• Tomb Raider I, II; III; The Lost Artefact, Revelation, Chronicles; Angel of darkness : run with unofficials patchs. See this site.
• Tomb Raider Legend (32bit)
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
• Top Spin 2 (32 bit) Slow loading but work perfect
• Train Simulator (Microsoft) (Vista 32-bit)
• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
• Unreal Tournament 1999 Game of the Year Edition
• Unreal Tournament 2004 - The text to speech engine switches from the game engine to the one supplied with Vista, if you don't get voice taunts from other players, check your control panel text to speech voice to make sure it works.
• URU : Ages beyond Myst with "The path to the Shell" extension (32-bit)
• Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
• Warcraft 3 & also The Frozen Throne(With 98/ME Compatibility Mode)
• Warhammer Mark of Chaos
• Warhammer Dawn Of War 40k (32 Bit)
• World of Warcraft - May have issues with Graphics and Sound (Depending on Hardware Installed)
• Wolfenstein: Enemy territory 2.60b (Worked perfectly with Ultimate RTM, usin PNY Verto GeForce 6600GT, and nVidia 97.46 forceware for Windows vista)
• World Racing 2 (StarForce protection vista-update required)
• Worms 4: Mayhem
• Worms Armageddon with latest patch (32bit)
• Worms World Party
• X3 : Reunion
• X-Plane v7+ (32bit)
• AAA Logo 1.22
• Architectural Desktop 2007
• Adobe Creative Suite 2
• Adobe Macromedia Studio 8
• Adobe PageMaker 7.01 - 32bit
• Adobe Photoshop 5.0 - 32bit
• Adobe Photoshop 5.5 - 32bit
• Adobe Photoshop 6.0 - 32bit
• Adobe Photoshop 7.0 - 32bit
• Adobe Photoshop CS - 32bit
• Adobe Photoshop CS2 - (x86 and x64)
• Adobe Photoshop CS3 BETA
• Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 3.0 - 32-bit (DL and install the "EPS Parser" if you like)
• Ashampoo Photo Commander 5 (v5.10, 11/06/2006)
• AutoCAD 2007
• Bryce 5.5 By DAZ
• Bryce 6.0 By DAZ
• Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI (32/64-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• Corel Graphics Suite X3
• CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11 (Corel Corp. says that this version should not work under Windows XP SP2 but I have tryed it on Vista, works OK)
• Corel Graphics Suite 12 (100% Working)
• Deco-Con v3.0 - Imaging Software for Decorative Concrete
• Deco-Con Estimator v2 (after install, click "Product Updates" to install Vista patch)
• The GIMP
• Google Sketchup
• Google Earth 4.0.2416 (beta)Build Date Oct 31 2006
• GTK Radiant 1.4.x, 1.5.x (+latest q3map2)
• IconCool Studio 3.30 (build 70116)
• Irfanview v3.99
• Jasc AnimationShop 3
• Jasc PaintShop Pro 7
• Jasc PaintShop Pro 9
• Jasc PaintShop Pro 10 (ITS NOT MADE BY JASC ITS COREL)
• JOCR (Image Capture and Character Recognition) v1.0
• Lightwave 3D 9.0
• LEGO Digital Designer 1.6
• Macromedia Fireworks 8
• Macromedia Freehand Macromedia Freehand 11.02
• Macromedia Dreamweaver 8
• Macromedia Flash 8
• Mediachance RealDraw Pro 4.0
• Microangelo Toolset v6.03 (Icon editor. Works with Vista's new icon formats perfectly.)
• Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10
• Microsoft Picture It! 10
• Microsoft Cartoon Maker 1.0 (Chinese Simplified/Traditional)
• NetObjects Fusion 10
• Photo Impression 4
• Paint.NET 3.0 (32-bit)
• RealWorld Icon Editor 2006.2 (32-bit and 64-bit (x64)) high-DPI aware
• Sierra Print Artist 8.0 (32-bit) - Be sure to set Print Artist to be run as an administrator in the compatibility options.
• SmartDraw 2007 (32-bit)
• SureThing 4.3
• SWiSHmax Build 2006.06.26 (32-bit)
• Ulead COOL 3D Studio 1.0 Full Version
• Ulead PhotoImpact 12
• Webshots Desktop 2.5
• Winamp Skin Maker 1.2
• Xara Xtreme Pro (The world fastest vector software!)
• AI RoboForm Roboform v6.8.4 (32-bit works fine, with 64-bit you must use 32-bit version of Internet Explorer)
• FeedDemon 2.1 (32-bit)
• Forte Agent v4.2 build 1117
• Newsbin Pro 5.33 Build 7737 (32-bit)
• Newsleecher v3.8/v3.9b1 (64-bit)
• SawMill v7.2.8 (32-bit)
List and Note Managers
• Jot+Notes 3.4.2 (32-bit)
• ListPro 4.1 (32-bit)
• Notezilla 7.0 (32-bit)
Media Center Plugins
• Mobilewares Big Screen Weather
• Mobilewares Big Screen Photos
• AIM 18.104.22.168 / Aim Classic 5.9 Had a few problems with 5.9. It didnt like to run sometimes. / AIM Lite 0.31
• A-Patch (MSN Messenger Tweaker) A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger Version: 1.3.0 RC1 (build 54) - Compatibility: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0787, 8.0.0792, 8.0.0812, 8.1.0064, 8.1.0066, 8.1.0068, 8.1.0106, 8.1.0168 & 8.1.0178
• A-Patch (Live Mail Desktop Tweaker) A-Patch for Windows Live Mail Desktop Version: 0.1.5 Beta - Compatibility: Windows Live Mail Desktop
• Gaim 2.0.0beta6 (32-bit)
• Google Talk
• IBM/Lotus SameTime Connect v7.5 (32-bit)
• ICQ 5.1
• ICQ 6 Preview Version
• Messenger Plus Live 4.11
• Msn Messenger 7.5
• MirandaIM 0.5 Unicode
• Paltalk Messenger 9.0 Build 177 (Shows Its stopped working on exit but works fine)
• QIP (Quiet Internet Pager)
• Skype (Disable Aero - Works with Aero on 32-bit Vista Ultimate)
• Teamspeak 2 RC2
• Tribal Voice PowWow v3.50 (32-bit/64-bit) - some UI elements in the Community chat window render strangely
• Trillian Pro 3.1
• Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (32-bit)
• Yahoo Messenger
• DynDNS Updater v22.214.171.124 (32bit) Works fine if installed as service.
• Ethereal 0.9.9.0 (32 bit)
• Hamachi 126.96.36.199 (32-bit)
• Intel PROSet 11.2 (32-bit)
• Metrosharp XDNS 2007 (32 bit)
• Packet Tracer by Cisco Networks
• Sam Spade v1.14 (32 bit)
• Shiva VPN Client
• WinPcap 3.1
• WinPcap 4.0
• Adobe Acrobat 3D v7
• Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 (x86 only)
• Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0
• Chaos Software Group Chaos Intellect 3
• Chaos Software Group Time & Chaos 7
• ClarisWorks 5.0 for Windows
• CutePdf 2.62 (32-bit)
• Foxit PDF Reader (Pro) 1.0 (32-bit)
• Foxit PDF Reader (Pro) 2.0 (32-bit)
• Moffsoft Calculator 2
• Microsoft Expression Web
• Microsoft Money 2005
• Microsoft Office 2000
• Microsoft Office 2003 SP2
• Microsoft Office 2007
• Microsoft Office XP (2002 SP3)
• Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006
• Microsoft Works
• OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 (32-bit)
• OpenOffice.org 2.1.0 (64- and 32-bit)
• R 2.4.1 (32-bit)
• ScanSoft (Nuance) OmniPage Pro 15
• ScanSoft (Nuance) PaperPort 11.0.6225.1
• ScanSoft PDF Converter Professional 4
• Stamps.Com Stamps.Com 6.0.4 (Build 1521)
• Sun StarOffice 8
• WordWeb WordWeb Pro 4.5 (32-bit)
• ASP Dictionary - in Slovenian (32bit)
• BOINC 5.8.8 (32/64-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• Desktop Sidebar v1.05 Build 116 (Beta version) - Tested on Vista Ultimate 32-bit
• Folding@Home 5.03 (32/64-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• Launchy works under Vista Business.
• Microsoft Student 2006 and 2007 - works great
• Motorola Mobile Phone Tools 4.0.3b - works great. under Vista x32
• MyCafeCup CyberCafes Billing Platinum V.2.232 (32/64-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• OpenAFS 1.5.14 - compatible with Vista
• Powerword Professional 2007 (32-bit, Chinese Simplified/Traditional)
• StarDock ObjectDock 1.50 (32/64-bit, Installs as 32-bit under Vista x64)
• Tell me More (software to learn english)(32-bit)
• Widcomm Version 188.8.131.5200 (works perfectly fine in vista RTM (32-bit)
• WPE Pro 9.
• eWallet version 5.0 (32-bit)
• KeePass Password Safe 1.06 (32-bit)
• ZDNet's Password Pro 32 (encrypted password database)
PDA & GPS
• Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center - WMDC replaces ActiveSync
• Nokia PC Suite 6.82 (with Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution; all Nokia mobile synchronization functions work)
• Palm Desktop 4.1.4E (Shipped with most Palm PDAs or downloaded from Palm)
• POIedit v4.5.1 (may need to be restarted once POI's have been sync'd with master servers. Use Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) for PDA sync with Windows Mobile 2003 & 2005)
Peer to Peer
• Ares 1.9.5, 1.9.9
• Ares 2.0.5
• Azureus 2.5.00 or newer(32-bit)
• BitComet 0.77, 0.8x (32- and 64-bit)
• DC++ v0.698
• DC++ RevConnect
• eDonkey2000 1.4.3 Lite
• eMule 0.47x with a lot of modes (32-bit)
• FrostWire 184.108.40.206 Beta (clone of LimeWire PRO and uses Java like it)
• iMesh 7.0 (32-bit)
• KCeasy 0.18 or better
• LDC++ 1.0 2a
• Limewire PRO
• LimeWire Acceleration Patch
• Lphant v 3.00 B5
• myTunes Redux
• Neo Mule 4.25 (32-bit)
• Orb MyCasting
• Pando -- ultima version
• Shareaza 220.127.116.11
• Soulseek 156c, 157 test 8
• Strong DC
• Thunder5 BT 18.104.22.1680 Beta (Chinese Simplified/Traditional)
• uTorrent 1.6
• WinMX 3.54 (Beta 4)
Note for BitTorrent Clients: Due to Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate) Previous Versions (AKA Shadow Copies) feature and BitTorrents hard drive write access, hard drive activity may increase drastically due to Vista noticing file changes and thus makes restore points at regular intervals.
• 3am Labs LogMeIn - Will not install on final release of Windows Vista. Access denied error. --- This is patently false, as I have it installed and it runs perfectly on RTM. I will leave this here, in case it is some other incompatibility.
• Famatech Radmin 3.0 Remote Control (32bit) Fully Windows Vista 32bit compatible. All connection modes (full control, file transfer, remote shutdown, telnet, text and voice chats, etc.) work fine.
• Orb MyCasting Fully Windows Vista 32bit compatible.
• RealVNC - Works fine, closes connection, when UAC Warnings Appear.
• Symantec pcAnywhere 11.0.1 32 bit (Vista reports this as v12 - and states that there are known compatibility issues - I have used the Remote Control and File Transfer sessions without experiencing any issues. OS is Vista as Remote, XPHome as Host) Feel free to move this to another section if you experience issues with it.
• TeamViewer (32bit) (64bit?) Free for non-commercial use. Simple to use.
• Ashampoo Magical Snap (v1.10, 05/08/2006)
• beepa Fraps (v2.8.3)
• Camtasia Studio Recorder 4
• HoverDesk HoverSnap v.08 beta
• Hyperionics Hypersnap (V6.13.02)
• TechSmith Snagit 8 8.1
• 2BrightSparks SyncBack v22.214.171.124 (32-bit) (minor problem first time running, had to kill the application and then re-run it)
• 8rdavcore - NOTE: Must be run as the Administrator
• A43 v2.49 (32-bit)
• Acer Launch Manager (laptop utility)
• Actual Window Manager v4.3
• Advanced WindowsCare PRO v2
• 2BrightSparks SyncBack SE v126.96.36.199 (added - See Minor Issues below)
• Acronis True Image 9 Server/Ent (Note: Incremental backups work if Vista's auto-defrag is disabled)
• Acronis True Image 9 Workstation (full backup only, incremental backup does not work)
• Acronis True Image 10 Home
• Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum 2 (2.5, 08/29/2006) 
• Ashampoo WinOptimizer Suite 4
• Asus Probe 2.23.01
• AutoHotkey v1.0.45.04 and v1.0.46.00 (32/64-bit) (runs as 32-bit app under Vista x64)
• Belarc Advisor
• CPU-Z v1.38
• Dexpot v1.4 (32-bit)
• Final Recovery v2.1 (tested in 64bit only)
• FolderShare (32-bit)
• Fraps 2.8.1+
• Futuremark 3DMark05 1.3.0
• Futuremark 3DMark06 1.1.0
• Futuremark PCMark05 1.2.0
• GameXP 1.6 - NOTE: It shows "Windows XP 6.00.6000 Professional" in the operating system information line
• Genie-soft Genie Backup Manager 7
• Driver Genius Professional 2006 and 2007
• Indigo Rose AutoPlay Media Studio v188.8.131.52
• Lavalys Everest Ultimate Edition v3.50.761
• MarcSpruIT Consultancy AutoBackup 3.2 (32-bit)
• Microsoft (formerly Sysinternals) Autoruns v8.54 (32-bit) (must be run as the Administrator in order to delete entries from the registry)
• Microsoft (formerly Sysinternals) Process Explorer v10.21 (32-bit)
• Microsoft (formerly Sysinternals) Process Monitor v1.01 (32-bit)
• VisionWorks Solutions Inc. Vision Backup Home, Pro, Server, Server + MS SQL/Exchange.
• Piriform CCleaner v1.37.456
• RegCleaner Simple Registry cleaner with many useful functions.
• Reg Organizer 4.0
• Raxco DiskState v3.21 (runs as 32-bit app under Vista x64)
• RegSeeker 1.52 - NOTE: A few cleaning functions may not work and registry keys backed up before deletion cannot always be restored!
• Registry Workshop V 3.0.0
• SlickRun v184.108.40.206
• Restoration v3.2.1
• SpeedFan (32-bit only)
• Startup Organizer 2.8.275
• System Information for Windows v1.65 (32-bit)
• System Mechanic 5.5 Professional
• Taskbar Shuffle v2.0 (32-bit)
• Total Commander v6.55 and v7.0 Beta 2 and 3 (32-bit)
• TreeSize Professional 3 and 4.1.1 
• Unlocker v1.8.5 (32-bit)
• WinDirStat v220.127.116.11 (32-bit)
• Webroot Window Washer version 6.05
• Your Uninstaller! 2006
• 1 Click DVD to DivX AVI
• Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
• Adobe After Effects 7.0
• Adobe Premiere 2.0
• Adobe Premiere 5.0
• Pinnacle Studio 9.3. Does not work, please see comment in list of software that does not work.
• Amadis iPod PSP 3GP MP4 AVI Video Converter
• BS Player 2.11.940
• Cyberlink PowerDVD 6
• Cyberlink PowerDVD 7
• DVD Shrink 3.2
• DVDMaestro_v2.9.2915a (needs to be run as administrator - works, but Cinemaster playback drivers fail)
• Enosoft DV Processor
• Enosoft Enhanced DV Decoder
• Enosoft Friendly DV
• Fake Webcam
• FastStone Image Viewer 2.8
• GOM Media Player
• Intervideo WinDVD 18.104.22.168 (both Gold and Platinum versions)
• JetAudio 6
• KMPlayer 22.214.171.1244 (Installation version 32bit)
• Logitech QuickCam Fushion ver 10.4.0, build 1401
• Magix Video Deluxe 2007 Plus
• Media Player Classic 126.96.36.199
• Nokia Multimedia Player v6.82 (in Nokia PC Suite pack)
• Orb MyCasting
• Real Player
• Sony Vegas 7.0d
• Techsmith Camtasia Studio v4.0.0 (Full Program)- "Grate funtionality"
• Tivo Desktop 2.3a (Cannot see Tivo devices on the network)
• TMPGEnc-188.8.131.52-Plus(must be run as the Administrator)
• Total Video Converter
• TVUPlayer 2.3.0 (32-bit)
• Ulead DVD Movie Factory x86 & x64
• VDownloader 0.3 (also, extension of this program for Firefox)
• VirtualDub MPEG
• VLC media player 0.8.6a (x86 & x64)
• VSO ConvertXToDVD v2.1.4 Build 162
• WinAVI Video Converter V. 7.7
• Xilisoft Video Converter 3.1
• Zoom Player 5.0
• ACDSee™ Pro 8.1.99 Photo Manager (Non-Compatibility prompt when installing. Can ignore, works fine. If you update Vista, uninstall KB929427 and do not reinstall. It blocks ACDSee from installing.)
• Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0
• Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28
• Autosizer 1.61 Auto sizes Explorer and IE windows. Ex: Auto Maximize IE browser window.
• Damn NFO Viewer 2.10.0032 RC3
• Foxit PDF Reader (Pro) 1.0 (32-bit)
• Foxit PDF Reader (Pro) 2.0 (32-bit)
• IEIMAGE 3 IEImage 3 Shows full images of all thumbnailed pictures on a webpage in a new IE window.
• IrfanView v3.99 (Need to install as Administrator)
• Klipfolio 3.1
• eXPerience Linux 1.0 and 1.0 Beta 2
• Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Vista as Host and Guest OS
• Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 - no support for Vista Guest OS
• Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 (need to install and run as Administrator, and install IIS manually)
• Parallels Workstation 2.2
• VMware Player v 1.0.3 (accept driver-warning during install / tested on Ultimate German)
• VMware Server v 1.0.1 (install/run as admin - mouse pointer doesn't point to correct locations if Font Size DPI has been resized away from the default of 96 DPI under Display preferences)
• VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client 2.0.1 (tested on Ultimate German)
• VMware Workstation 5.5.3
• VMware Workstation 6.0 Beta, Build 36983 (32/64 bit)
• Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.5 Standard and Preferred (Free download for owners US_Only version)
• Bradbury TopStyle Lite 2.1 - Installs fine as user but must be run as administrator or it will crash.
• CreamSoft Pajaczek NxG 5.6.1
• Macromedia Homesite 5 - Installs fine as user but must be run as administrator or it will crash.
• Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0.2 - Installs fine as administrator and runs under user account with no problems.
• Apache HTTP Server (1.3.x, 2.0.x, 2.2.x)
• Abyss Web Server (version 2.4)
• Krasnal Serv (Apache 1.3.31 or 2.0.50, PHP, MySQL and more. Automatic installation. Everything works fine!)
• WAMP Web-Developer Server Suite (Apache 2.2.23, PHP, MySQL, ASP, JSP, Perl, SSL)
Has problems, but they can be solved / minor unsolved
• Some of these programs may not have been tested in Windows XP compatibility mode-try it.
• Maple 9 - Successfully installed using Windows 2000 compatibility mode. When selecting network install and choosing a location for user preferences try typing in the network path manually. Still need to test full functionally of software but so far it starts up.
• Maple 10 - Will not install unless theme is set to "Windows Classic". Runs fine when installed.
• Advanced Security Level 5.3 -- Not all options work, must be run as administrator
• EventLog Explorer 2.1 need beta build 2.1.335 to work - download patch in support forum
• Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic v7.03.00.15 -- update function must be manual started as Admin (C:/Program Files/AntiVit/preupd.exe)
• Spyware Terminator 184.108.40.2061 -- Works but with problems. Common applications are often unrecognised. Real-Time Shield not fully functional. 'Driver Loading Error' appears. Version 1.9 promises Vista support but no date for its release has been given. See forums for latest.
• Audition v2.0 (does not support Aero. Vista will drop to Basic Color Scheme when Audition 2 is running)
• Total Recorder Works with two small problems: 1. Help doesn't work, and 2. Program doesn't work with other programs that can not run without using DirectSound. See link.
• Musicmatch - V10 - Works fine on Vista Business and Vista Ultimate. One setup was a fresh OS install with MM installed afterward. MM had to be re-installed using "recommmended settings", but after that it worked. The other install was an OS upgrade from XP Pro and MM was already on the system. MM fails trying to check for new versions online, but otherwise it works fine.
• Winamp v2.03 (in x32: config screens don't display correctly if Font Size DPI is set higher than the default setting)
• Winamp v5.32 (in x64: 5.1 Surround does not work, annoying Sonic Engine [PX.dll] message, DLL must be manually copied to progdir)
• Second Copy v220.127.116.11 (64-bit) Progress Bar is completely black. Everything else works.
• SyncBackSE v18.104.22.168 32-bit. Minor issues with UAC and scheduling - workarounds available at their website FAQ's ( http://www.2brightsparks.com )
• BlueSoleil 2.3 VoIP Edition -- BSOD, Vista crashed at first start of program
• Motorola Bluetooth USB PC Adapter PC850 (Widcomm stack) -- Installs with many prompts, dongle works, devices connect...but upon reboot system hangs permanently after login or manifests various states of BSOD.
• Toshiba Bluetooth Stack -- lots of security prompts during installation. Couldn't get Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP) and ActiveSync over Bluetooth working.
• Ahead Nero 22.214.171.124 (32-bit) (installs if you ignore Vista warnings but also causes Explorer crashes when viewing directories that have video files in them, as well as file copy/move operations - the Explorer crashes (COM Surrogate failures) can be corrected by making modifications to Nero specific merit values using DirectShow Filter Manager 0.5 (freeware) but the file copy/move operations cannot - surprisingly, a better solution is to install Nero inside a Windows XP virtual machine (ie. using VMWare Server) and let Nero burn discs from within the VM using the burner residing outside the VM in Vista - suprisingly, this works perfectly)
• UltraCopy 9.5 Premium Edition -- During the files are saving to system, an error message "FM20.dll, DllRegistryServer unsuccessfull, code 0x8002801C, accessing OLE registry" is received. Click "Ignore". The setup finishes and program works perfectly.
• WinRAR 3.62 (32-bit) - Doesn't seem to always install correctly/completely, Explorer context menus don't work and must be run as administrator (which gives a warning each time unless UAC is turned off).
• Cmenu 2.6 -- Must be installed/run as administrator
• PSPad editor v4.5.2 (32-bit) (you can download the latest BETA from the Developer Forum too)
• TortoiseSVN v1.4.1 (32-bit) (Overlay icons in explorer does not work)
• Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 Build 2117 (64-bit) - Driver signing enforcement must be disabled and must be run as the administrator
• Last freeware version of Hotmail Popper
• Current version of YPops. Has issues with Yahoo verification but can work as long as it's not left resident in the System Tray.
• ItsDeductible 2006 - Need to unregister 3 controls for it to work. Run "regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx", "regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ItsDeductible2006\spr32x30.ocx", and "regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\mscomct2.ocx" to unregister these controls.
Firewalls / IDS's
• COMODO Firewall Pro 126.96.36.199 BETA (32-bit) -- Seems to work fine despite warnings from Vista to the contrary during installation. Setup EXE file must be run in Windows XP compatibility mode.
• Atari 80 Classic Games. Launcher and config screens have color (palette) distortion, but games run normally.
• Albatross18: Realms of Pangya (no longer blacklisted as of 3.13c but still has issues. game is choppy and there is no audio from system during game playback)
• Civilization IV (32-bit) - add "d3dx9_26.dll" to the install folder
• Flyff v1.3 (32-bit) - You need to run as admin.
• Madden 07 (32-bit) - Game freezes during fieldgoals.
• Maple Story (32-bit) - GameGuard Error 360: Right-click and choose Run As Administrator.
• Microsoft Best of Entertainment Pack (32-bit) - installation will crash, but all files do install and work properly without any further problems
• Microsoft Motorcross Madness 2 - on x86, download d3drm.dll and put in the install folder. Then it runs fine.
• Max Payne v1.00 (This game sometimes cannot work/start the first level/open main menu under Windows XP and Vista. When Max Payne is loaded, the game crashes with an program error before main menu/before starting first level. But, this problem can be solved. The intro movie file of Max Payne " intro.mpg " is broken. Rename a .mpg file as " intro ", then copy it and overwrite with normal " intro.mpg ".
• Myst I : The game runs, there are sound but you have only a black screen (on Windows XP either). You need to download and install Quick Time 6.5.2 (note : Quick Time 7 or Quick Time Alternative do not work)
• NCSoft City of Heroes - game installs and updates correctly under Vista X64 with nVidia v97.34 drivers, but no cursor is displayed with the mouse
• Sid Meier's Railroads! v1.1 - Game installs and runs but will frequently crash out to the desktop without warning. It is playable if you have patience with the crashes, and save often.
• Neverend - sound stops working after you fight in your first battle (you can still read the text version of all the conversations
• Oblivion - Installation is fine, game play is smooth, but has very frequent crashes if using "alt+tab" keystroke when you return back to the game.
• Syberia I & II DVD-ROM (edition collector) (32-bit). There are problems with starforce protection : Install the game as an administrator and contact email@example.com to get the DVD key (or use a no-dvd patch)
• Need for Speed: Carbon (With 98/ME Compatibility mode, must change compatibility for 2 files, NFSC.exe and Need for Speed Carbon_code.exe. Still crashes now and then for some people, EA yet to release a working patch for Vista, otherwise you can delete the MOVIES folder to run it without problems & without movies :D)
• SimCity 4 w/ expansion pack - some users reported this not working at all. (Note: A graphics card with pixel shader 2.0 and 64MB or higher memory may be necessary for this to function.)
• SouthPark Super Mario v2.1 (32-bit) - You need to disable the 'shift' sticky-key
• SpaceCowboy v0.3.3.44 (32-bit) - you need to run as admin
• Trackmania Nations (32-bit) - Tested with Vista Ultimate 32-bit with GeForce 8800 GTS - Source
o Install TrackMania Nations
o Find TrackMania Nations ESWC.exe in the TrackMania Nations folder in the Program Files folder
o Right-click TrackMania Nations ESWC.exe (not the launcher) and run as an Administrator. This will force the Star-Force drivers to install, even though they are not compatible. It will result in an error -- this is okay. You may have to end the process manually.
o Run the Star-Force driver update tool for Vista Beta testers.
o Restart your computer
o Play the game using TrackMania Nations ESWC.exe. Use the launcher to change settings.
• Ufo Aftershock, patch 1.2 (64-bit) - I had probs but fixed them as follows: installed the latest Forceware drivers and a no-dvd patch (the no-dvd in hopes it will fix the "driver signing" issue).
• WarRock - Run with XP/SP2 Compatibility Mode and administrator privilege level. (32-bit)
• Autodesk 3D Studio Max v9.0 (64 Bit) - Run with OpenGL as DirectX has issues rendering in viewports, Must be run as administrator and DDS issue :dxdds.bmi failed to initialize. Error code 998 (To fix this set the viewport display method to 'SOFTWARE')
• Corel X3 -- Can be installed as anyone, must be activated (first run) as administrator
• Jasc Paint Shop Pro 6.02 -- Installs without issue; however, upon starting, an error message stating that Windows "could not write to the registry" appears twice, and then the program runs normally.
• Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 -- Installs without issue; however, upon starting, an error messaging stating "The color scheme has been changed" and Windows has to temporarily change the color scheme to Vista Basic. PSP runs normally, and the color scheme changes back once you exit the program.
Network, web servers, etc
• Apache 2.2.x + PHP 5.x and install with this instructions
• Foxit PDF Reader v2.0 (32/64 bit) - printing under 64-bit causes immediate crash & You need to run as admin to run updates. Associate Foxit with PDF files option under Help doesn't make the association.
• MediaMan XL (32-bit) : go to the install directory and assign "run as admin" for the two .exe files. (MediManXL.exe & SreamloadService.exe)
PDA & GPS
• Sunrise Needs latest Java and MSVCR71.DLL.
• UltraVNC UAC interferes with administrator password. Causes an error message to be popped up at every startup (ignorable, but annoying).
• Subtitle Workshop v2.51 - The program exiting on video loading (some versions of directvobsub filter have compatibility issues, newest at least should work with subtitle workshop)
• ACD See 9 - program launches correctly, but can't recognize new user document folders structure.
Path "C:\Users\Username\Pictures" is not recognized and nothing is shown. On the other hands, folder "C:\Documents and Settings" is still listed in folders view although is not present in Vista anymore. Pictures in another folders are shown correctly, so seems there is some hard link for user folder that can't be addressed properly.
• Apache Tomcat 6.0
Heavy Problems, Currently Incompatible
NOTE: If a product you use is listed below, check with the software vendor for a newer version. In many cases, vendors will provide free update patches or low-cost upgrade options to a newer version. You may also want to look in the Works section above as a newer, working version may already be available. If you have any 16-bit DOS or 16-bit Windows applications, they will probably never work.
• Spyware Doctor v188.8.131.5220 (32-bit) - Works very slowly, provides only minimal support for windows vista, new version 5.0 currently in beta stage.
• Spyware Doctor v184.108.40.20621 (32bit) - works just fine on my 3 yr old system. The minor problems it had running under Win XP did not reappear under Vista.
(many of these products have newer versions which do work under Windows Vista RTM—see above for details)
• Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic v7.00.03.02 -- installs but update function does not work
• Avira AntiVir Workstation 7 -- will not install
• Dr. Web v4.33
• F-Secure 2007 - 32/64 Bit
• MKS_VIR 2k7 (v 08.01.2007) - after installation finds many viruses inside of \Windows\ folder, also it doesn't open the program window. And at last you cannot uninstall it...
• MTV Music Generator. Dumps the program any time you try to do anything "memory-intensive," like load saved files or generate video.
• Philips Sound Agent 2 - Can't install, driver of device isn't compatible.
• Steinberg Cobase SX3 and Nuendo 3 - after installing and rebooting the system does not let to use the phantom USB drive, whitch causes the total fall of the program start
• Farstone RestoreIT Pro 7.0
• Paragon Drive Backup 6.0 (32-bit)
• EMC®/Dantz Retrospect® for Windows
• IVT BlueSoleil -- Installs fine, but when run causes system to crash. (BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH)
• Cakewalk Pyro 5 - Install begins, then you get a pop-up saying it's not compatible.
• CDBurner XP (32-bit) - does not recognize CD Drive
• DVDXcopy - install fails while installing the patin coufin component.
• Padus DiscJuggler Professional v4.60.1214 (64-bit) - Installs but receive ASPI error when opening program
• Slysoft AnyDVD v220.127.116.11 (64-bit) - it installs but at the end it says that it's trying to install an unsigned driver. Program won't start and it uninstalls my dvd-rom drive and my virtual drives. They won't reinstall until anydvd is uninstalled.
• Slysoft CloneDVD v18.104.22.168 (64-bit) - it installs but at the end it says that it's trying to install an unsigned driver. Program won't start and it uninstalls my dvd-rom drive and my virtual drives. They won't reinstall until Clonedvd is uninstalled.
• WinISO v22.214.171.124
• Jimi Schopp's Copy to Filename to Clipboard shell extension -- does not install (64-bit) NOTE: As a replacement, press shift and right-click on an object to bring up the 'improved' context menu with the 'Copy to Path' option on it
• Microsoft Services for UNIX 3.5 -- problems installing
• Ziff-Davis PC Magazine Utilities COA2 (Change of Address) -- installs but does not run
• PGP Desktop Professional 9.5 Won't Install or Run at all. Public BETA of PGP Desktop v9.6 for Vista available at http://beta.pgp.com/
• Encyclopedia Universalis (all versions) : C-dilla program blocks installation of the encyclopedia
• Lexar Image Rescue version <= 2.0.05 - Program won't install no matter what compatibility settings are used. Lexar support is aware of it and will provide an update. As they have not been posting the most up to date versions on the web site, you will have to contact support directly.
• Paragon Mount Everything 3.5 (32-bit) -- installs, but not compatible
• Paragon Partition Manager 7.0 (32-bit) -- installs, but not compatible
• Symantec Partition Magic 8.0 (will back up the partitions but not the boot record/manager - as a workaround, reinstall Vista to C:\ (this recreates the boot manager), then restore your C: Vista partition from your image)
Firewalls / IDS's
• Agnitum Outpost 4.0 (971.584.079) - 32/64 bit
• AVG Internet suite: firewall component doesn't install, no warnings, no error messageg. Just MIA. According to AVG due to "bugs in Vista's network"....
• Comodo Free Firewall 2.3.6
• ISS BlackICE Server Protection v3.6. - 32/64 Bit
• PC Tools Firewall Plus 126.96.36.199
• PeerGuardian 2.0 Beta 6b - 32/64 bit - installs and seems to work but in fact doesn't because driver doesn't install. Useless right now.
• Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall - 4.3.268
• WatchGuard System Monitor 8.3 (Policy Manager won't start because installer can't create folders under Documents and Settings, which are required for firewall config files - as a work around, install Windows XP in a virtual machine in Vista and run WSM inside that to give yourself the same effect)
• Webroot Desktop Firewall 1.3
• Zone Labs ZoneAlarm - NO VERSIONS WORK
• WS FTP 2007 Home - Fails on Install - Will not install.
• WS-FTP 7 Professional - Will install but fails to start
• Ankh (32-bit) : The game cannot start. Focus works on a patch. See
• Area 51 (2005) Setupproblems because of Starforce protection.
• City Life Demo (32-bit) - possibly due to Starforce protection
• Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood Setup fails to launch or takes a while.
• The wads for Doom in "Doomworld -- The Top 100 WADs Of All Time" played with Doomsday 3D Engine 1.9.0 Beta IV --- a lot of wads that was tried and could be played under XP cannot start with Doomsday. An error message about segmentation appears, or when the special episode of wad is selected, an error message about loading levels or graphic-sound etc add-ons appears. The game crashes.
• Gametap -- Doesn't run in Vista. Gametap is working on an update.
• HomeWorld 2(32bit) -- Doesnt work at all, when you start it, the game crashes to desktop immediately, no error messages.
*note from user googling vista fix's.
If you have NVidia Drivers, download your latest drivers for your VidCard, make sure the OS has vista selected when downloading, and HW2 works smoothly.....Still having random crashes with mods tho... =(
• Knight Online v1.453 (32-bit) -- Doesnt accept compatibility mode, Displays diag about invalid OS installed.
• Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault Ver1.1 on 64-bit Ultimate. Installs fine although, crashes at game launch
• Multi Theft Auto (MTA) v1.1 (32-bit) -- Crashes no matter what you do
• Midnight Club II - Runs, but then crashes to desktop on load.
• Myst II : Riven (32-bit). This games requires Quick Time version 2, but this plugin can't be installed on Windows Vista (Quick Time 7 is not compatible with Riven)
• Second Life (32-bit) -- Doesnt recognize video card, attempts to start anyway & fails. Depends on video card, works fine with GeForce 7600GT. Works with GeForce 8800 GTS
• Runaway 2 : dream of the Turtle (32-bit) The game crashes to desktop on load - Pendulo Studio works on a patch. See this topic
• Supreme Commander (32-bit): game has serious Frame Rate issues, I have a good rig and on LOWEST settings the framerate is 10 and drops to 3 most of the time
• Silkroad Online (32-bit) -- Dont work.
• Storm Angel (the game crashes in a few seconds after started)
• The Amerzone (32-bit) : the game works fine but there are too many graphics bugs to play correctly
• Trackmania Nations -- the game never starts or sometimes starts too lately as we cannot wait/be patient. The game seems to be unable to detect the video card on one system tested (nVidia 7600GS, Vista Business 32-bit).
o Workaround -- see Has problems, but they can be solved / minor unsolved section
• Fahrenheit - The installer starts but keeps saying that installation has been cancelled. The game itself does work if previously installed under XP and run from Vista.
• Sacred(Any Edition)(32-bit) - Installs fine, but when you go to play the game it crashes and says it cant run in a x64 or server environment. No news on if there will be a fix for it.
• Rise of Nations (the first game) - Its able to install but not to run , i have everytime the problem with Securom and no original disc can be found (With 3 different originaldiscs), i havent find a way to run , no cracks and and and , correct me if im wrong
• ACDSee Pro v9.0b55 - NOT compatible
• Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X - Not Compatible
• Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo IX - Not Compatible
• Macromedia Director MX 2004 - Can't drag and drop or copy and paste cast members onto the stage. In some cases projects won't open.
• MediaFACE 5 Labeling Software by Neato - Not Compatible
• Microsoft Picture It! 2001
• Microsoft Picture It! 2002
• RealNetworks/Listen.com Rhapsody 2.1 Build 0.243 -- Windows automatically blocks this program from being launched; does not work in compatibility mode. Disabling UAC is the only way to get the rhapsody.exe executable to launch.
Mobile / Cell Phone / Handi
• Sony Ericsson PC Suite - better use MyPhoneExplorer from www.fjsoft.at/en/
• Norton Password Manager 2004 Won't install
• DataViz Documents To Go 9 and earlier. Program installs and successfully syncs with PDA but Windows client crashes when opened. DataViz is aware of the problem.
• Microsoft ActiveSync (any version) - ActiveSync is deprecated; use Windows Mobile Device Center instead. WMDC replaces ActiveSync.
• Motorola Q from Verizon Wireless with WMDC does not work, is not supported by Verizon either.
• TI InterActive! Does not install.
• RealVNC 4.2.8 Enterprise Edition (doesn't accept connections - some say you can circumvent these problems by not installing it as a service, then configuring it as admin and running user-mode as admin, which unfortunately means no service versions - also, you have to make exceptions for vnc in the firewall and windows defender - that said, results are sporadic at best)
• Adobe Acrobat Elements 7.0 (PDF writer) and earlier - Installs but has an error when trying to print. Adobe claims they will have a fix mid-2007 with version 8.x.
• BestCrypt v7.20.2 - Does not work, update will be available soon
• DriveCrypt Standard v4.40 - Does not work, update will be available soon
• Intel(R) Processor ID Utility - an error message that tells "this program doesn't support Vista" is received at the beginning of setup. There is a link at the error message to download Bootable Intel(R) Processor ID Utility, but after entering this link, an error page written "Page Not Found" appears.
• Macecraft jv16 PowerTools 2006 v188.8.131.520 (Installs under Vista x64 but crashes when you try to run it)
• MDFolder v1.1 - Context menu entry does not show up
• Mmm+ v2.02 - Works fine till any menu in any program is clicked. That program crashes.
• System Mechanic 7.0 / PRO 7.0 - before the main setup (after detecting Internet connection), an error message that tells "7.0 is not supported Vista, 7.1 or later is required" is received. But, SM 7.1 has not been produced yet. -- this error message can be fixed by selecting "Windows XP Service Pack 2" at compability list of SM's main setup file. but before the main setup starts, an error message "Failure Code: 323-A. An unexcepted error was encountered while initializing SM PRO." appears. Iolo's website said once Windows Vista is released to the public then the products will update to Vista compatible products.
• Tuneup Utilities 2007 - Cannot open and not support Windows Vista.
• Dragon Naturally Speaking 9
• Adobe Encore DVD 2.0 After installation, it's nowhere. Infact, not installed. But during installation, everything's fine... strange.
• Adobe Premiere 7.0
• Pinnacle Studio 10 - Pinnacle will upgrade it for Vista in March 2007
• Pinnacle Studio 9.4 - Installs but the program freezes. Windows permanently blocks a service that attempts to access a wrong memory area, keeps popping up continously.
Uninstaller does not work from Control Panel (get unrecognized OS message) and the only way to uninstall it is running it from the CD in XP compatibility mode.
• ULead Media Studio Pro 7.0 (installs, but Video Editor (the core application) crashes on startup)
• ULead Video Studio 9 (installation crashes when installing additional codecs/tools, Video Studio crashes on startup, uninstall fails)
• Adobe Framemaker 7.x and below - Adobe claims it is completely incompatible and that they will be introducing a new product soon